Bangladesh cricket authorities said they would lift the ban on Shakib Al Hasan from September 15 after the star all-rounder begged for a review of his six-month suspension for bad behaviour.
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Nazmul Hassan made the announcement after a board meeting in Dhaka.
“We’ve seen some positive things in Shakib’s attitude since the ban was imposed. We’re also satisfied at his letter that he gave to us (appealing for a review). We believe he has realised his mistakes,” Hassan said.
“We’ve decided to lift his ban from September 15. He will now be available for selection for the Asian Games, Zimbabwe series and the domestic league,” he said, adding the ban on Shakib appearing in foreign leagues would however continue until December 31.
Bangladesh host fellow minnows Zimbabwe for a month-long Test and limited overs series from October.
Without Shakib, who this month led the International Cricket Council’s top all-rounders list, Bangladesh lost all-three ODIs against the West Indies in the Caribbean including a humiliating 70-run score in the second ODI.
Shakib vowed last month that he would “behave in a more mature way” in an passionate public plea after the BCB on July 7 imposed the ban because of his “severe attitude problem”.
“Nothing can be more painful than staying away from cricket,” Shakib said last month in his first comments since the ban.