By Romeo Agresti
Juventus have all but given up hope of luring Shanghai Shenhua attacker Didier Drogba to Turin in the January transfer window, Goal.com understands.
The Bianconeri are desperate to add some more firepower to their squad this winter and Drogba is one of three names topping their shortlist alongside Robert Lewandowski and Fernando Llorente.
With the latter two seemingly unavailable in January, though, Juve had made Drogba their top target on the winter transfer market.
However, Juventus are reluctant to meet the Cote d'Ivoire international's contract demands as the experienced striker wants a two-year deal, whereas the Old Lady are only willing to offer a six-month contract with a one-sided option for an additional season.
Therefore, a transfer seems out of the question at this point unless either of the two parties changes its stance, something that seems unlikely for now.
The 34-year-old is currently preparing for the 2013 AFCON, where Cote d'Ivoire will meet Tunisia, Algeria and Togo in the group stages.
- Wall Street Weekahead: Strong sales could shift Ford, GM to higher gearReuters - 19 minutes ago
- Google working with Levi Strauss to make smart clothesAFP - 23 minutes ago
- Term limits unlikely on agenda at Burundi crisis summit: expertsAFP - 32 minutes ago
- Hamilton laps up Texas homecoming with double blastReuters - 48 minutes ago
- India heat wave tests water supply as deaths near 2,000Al Jazeera - 57 minutes ago
- Mexico lawmakers demand president detail wealth after misrepresentationReuters - 1 hour 14 minutes ago
- Lightning reach Stanley Cup Finals with 2-0 win over RangersReuters - 1 hour 22 minutes ago
- EU ships rescue 4,200 migrants in Mediterranean SeaAl Jazeera - 1 hour 23 minutes ago
- Rookie Curran in tie for lead at weather-hit Byron NelsonReuters - 1 hour 26 minutes ago
- The show goes on in Canada despite FIFA crisisReuters - 1 hour 29 minutes ago