Abu Dhabi’s new waterpark, Yas Waterworld, will officially open to the public on January 24th, 2013, officials announced on Monday.
The waterpark, spread over 15 hectares, will bring together 43 exciting rides, slides, and attractions, themed restaurants, shops and activities.
It will also feature a mountain topped by a massive glittering pearl, bandit towers, an authentic wood-raftered souq and a giant falcon’s nest spilling over with slides.
Mike Oswald, the park's general manager, said: “All the rides, slides and attractions are installed and the pre-opening testing stage has commenced to ensure that everything is in place in terms of safe and successful park operations.
"A few members of the public will be given access to the park in the coming days as part of Challenge Accepted Competition, and then it will be all aboard for the public opening,” he added.
The top features of Yas Waterworld include:
• Dawwama: It is the world’s first and largest hydro-magnetic-powered 6-person tornado waterslide with the world’s longest run-in at 238 metres long.
• Bubble’s Barrel: The largest FlowBarrel in the world, Bubble’s Barrel features the world’s biggest surfable sheet wave for flowboards and bodyboards.
You can test the waves themselves or watch the entertaining and exhilarating antics of the pros as they defy gravity and logic with their moves.
• Bandit Bomber: It is a 550-metre interactive coaster and the first in the world to incorporate on-board water and laser special effects.
• Slither’s Slides: It is a maze of six slides and tunnels, offering 30 distinct experiences. Families and friends can head down the slides together in double tubes as they encounter Slither and his serpent friends through themed interactive sculptures that spray water.
• Pearl Masters: It's a treasure-hunt style interactive adventure game. The game allows prospective PearlMasters to go on quests in search of lost treasures, interact with magical sea creatures, fire water cannons, solve ancient puzzles, and more.