JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia, Jan 1 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's
PetroRabigh refining and petrochemicals complex will
carry out maintenance for 20 days after a power cut on Saturday
forced it to halt operations, it said in a bourse statement on
The joint venture, owned by Saudi Aramco and
Japan's Sumitomo Chemical, said on Saturday in a bourse
statement that supplies of power and steam had been interrupted
from provider Rabigh Arabian Water and Electricity Co (RAWEC).
"In order to ensure the reliability of the facilities, the
firm is currently examining and performing the necessary
maintenance on all facilities, which is expected to take around
20 days," the statement said.
PetroRabigh said the maintenance will not have a significant
impact on the company's earnings.
PetroRabigh has annual output capacity of 18 million tonnes
of refined products and 2.4 million tonnes of petrochemicals.
In May, Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical Co said they
planned to go ahead with a $7 billion expansion of the complex
on the Red Sea cost. The Rabigh II project, now under
construction, is due to start operating in 2016.
(Reporting by Asma Alsharif; editing by Angus McDowall and