1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4. Prepare a 28 by 18 centimetre deep brownie tin or baking tin. Grease tin and line with greaseproof paper.
2. Break up the dark chocolate into squares and put into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of hot, but not boiling, water, making sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Leave to melt stirring occasionally. Remove the bowl from the pan.
3. Whisk the butter and sugar together in a bowl using an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
4. Add vanilla extract, melted chocolate and stir in gently using a spatula. Sieve the flour and cocoa into the bowl then fold in the nuts and white chocolate pieces until the mixture is evenly blended.
5. Spoon half the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Scatter the raspberries over the top of the brownie mixture, top with remaining mixture and spread evenly.
Recipe, Divine Chocolate
Click here to go to the original article on Red Online
Click here to see Chocolate and raspberry brownies
Click here to see White chocolate brownies
Click here to see Gregg Wallace’s chocolate pudding