(Updates with police saying man arrested)
LONDON, July 29 (Reuters) - An man has been arrested after
an incident at an Olympic shooting event, police said on Sunday.
"A 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of common
assault at Royal Artillery Barracks. He is currently in custody
at a south London police station," a police spokeswoman said.
Venue managers at the Barracks told Reuters earlier there
had been "an incident" that was in the hands of the police,
without going into details.
The arrest is thought to have been the first at the London
2012 Games, where there has been a huge emphasis on security
Unlike many of the other events at the Games so far,
capacity crowds have been seen at shooting on the opening two
days of competition.
(Reporting by Patrick Johnston, Tim Castle and Paul Majendie;
Editing by Alison Williams)